in the Lenzing Group
The environmental standards of the Lenzing Group comprise a voluntary commitment to adhere to strict criteria in the field of environmental protection above and beyond statutory requirements.
The basis is orienting business operations to strict benchmarks stipulated by various international standards such as the EU Ecolabel. The environmental standards of the Lenzing Group apply to all sites and serve as a yardstick in all regions of the world for the future environmental performance of the company.
Responsibility for the Environment
- We apply environmentally sensitive processes to ensure that the environment is a place worth living for future generations. Reducing our impact on the environment is a top priority and a never ending process of continuous improvement.
- We respect the environment in everything we do. We are considerate in our use of resources.
- We create opportunities by facing environmental challenges.
- We respond to stakeholder concerns regarding Safety, Health and Environment and address them proactively in our operations.
Lenzing Environmental Standards
Our environmental standards have been developed considering the European Ecolabel (EU Flower), best available technologies (published by the European IPPC bureau) and the dialogue with our stakeholders, especially with customers. Our environmental standards are the basis for environmental targets and programs. The standards will be reviewed annually and amended if appropriate.
- We comply with local law and regulations wherever we do business.
All our production sites are ISO 14001 certified.
- To the utmost extent possible, we source wood and wood pulp from certified forests and pulp suppliers.
- We do not use wood which has been harvested illegally.
- Our preferred pulp bleaching is totally chlorine free (TCF).
- Our standard fiber bleaching makes use of a mild hypochlorite solution.
- TCF fibers are produced as a specialty.
- We generally obey the OX limits of the EU Ecolabel for fibers.
- our viscose plants aim to meet the requirements of the EU Ecolabel.
- waste water treatment plants aim to meet the requirements of the EU Ecolabel (e. g. for COD, Zn, pH and temperature).
- we only use fiber finishes that meet the requirements of the EU Ecolabel.
- we monitor the consumption of power, steam etc. at all sites and set targets for improvement as appropriate.
- we monitor the use of water at all sites and set targets for improvement as appropriate.
We monitor selected parameters to benchmark production sites.